- Update (July 19th, 2020): Slowly showing up in the search again – not in Photos or Videos however.
- Update (July 20th, 2020): Down again! This time I caught it. Looks like a double auto post.
- Update (July 22nd, 2020): Up for all of an hour or so until auto posting caught up, leading to 5 headlines tweeting out – rapid tweeting? Down again. My auto poster has done that before and I never got a search ban. Since switching to videos, there are two sources that repeatedly double post same video lol, so I’m assuming I’m marked now (over sensitive). Both sources are now manually reviewed in hopes to stop their double posting. fyi: The search ban lasts 48 hours.
- Update (July 25th, 2020): This one lasted longer, search results (except photos & videos) came back around noon. It’s been interesting!! – changes I’ve made: remove headline text incase there are negative words, and manually approving two sources that repeatedly DOUBLE post the same stuff. Also, because I follow TN, I noticed: no notifications of new posts, and TN was not always there when reviewing new timeline tweets. Although search is back, I did find something interesting, twitter weirdly skipped two recent articles. See for yourself! Images: Searching latest tweets | Looking at tweets on profile page. Hmmmmmm! [su_custom_gallery source=”media: 18845,18846″ limit=”2″ link=”lightbox” width=”120″ height=”120″]
- Update (July 27th, 2020): Search off again. Absolutely baffled on this one. My best guess, two different stories/videos, with different but a bit similar headline? That makes no sense though. I give up.
- Update (Aug 11th, 2020): After a bunch of on/off bans, the last thing to try was to remove the hashtags. Bingo, we’ve been visible for days now! I think similar hastags used in multiple tweets was probably being marked as spam. Prior to changing our posts to mostly only videos, posts had various hashtags generated from the articles themselves.. these videos have none, so they were left with generic ones. I removed them. Hope our own troubles and going through them helps someone else.
It came to my attention today, ToryNow is shadow banned from twitter. Dammit. The sad thing is.. I don’t know how long, and if not for a friend I would never have known. lol
You hear of this everyday from mostly conservative people, but I’d never guess simply regurgitating news would get me there too.
Judging from twitters own activity log, there was a sharp decline in impressions since mid March. But how do I even get views at all if I’m subtly banned!? I have no clue if I got shadow banned, then unbanned, then banned again, over & over HA – but definitely views cut in half consistently since mid March. Even today as I write this – tiny views are still adding up but I am completely gone from the search, and aside from one new follower this month – I’ve had nothing since the month of February 2020 – when the very FIRST tweets started to roll out. In the beginning, it was quite positive 😁, afterall ToryNow is simply just another easy way to see conservative news in one spot – not a bad thing.
From what I’ve read it could be a plethora of issues. Some think it’s:
- Negative language
- Rapid tweeting
- Engaging with too many non-followers
- Copy/Pasting text/images over & over in replies
and people might get away with all that more so if they are a: blue checkmark, have an account older than a year, have many followers, or follow/followers ratio is high.
Well, as you can see, sadly, ToryNow falls short, never got a real chance to be seen.
- New account
- Small Followers
- Possible negative language from HEADLINE sources (that I don’t write).
@ToryNowdotCom rarely replies, and the odd time the same content will post twice if the orginal source changed something (most of the tweets are auto added so not to miss anything). So it’s definitely negative headlines! – which I assume don’t really impact the actual sources because their accounts are either checkmarked, older, larger. I will try to remove the headline “text” and simply post the link to the video – I’ll update if I see changes.
Have you been shadow banned? Let me know in the comments
I found two sources that can help you quickly look it up
When I used the text analysis on a few of my recent posts – most of them came up negative lol. Lets look at one from Rebel News, which by the way they are a new headline source I added since I changed the site last week from only “articles” to “videos”. Whatever you think of Rebel News, they are an alternative conservative news source, and many of their stories are news we either won’t see or get the other side on a heavily biased liberal funded MAIN-STREAM-MEDIA (CBC, Global News etc) or sometimes they break news! I admit, the first time I seen them, I cringed a little sometimes – but if you look back when journalists did their job – you’ll feel that same uncomfortable feelings with some stories from the BIG news outlets too. Why? Because they were asking tough questions, digging in, chasing the story and getting the NEWS for all of us! Stuff we would never ask, or wish we could. This was news back then – now it’s nothing but cover-ups and coddling anyone that is LIBERAL. $600 Million reasons why 👇